Thursday, May 11, 2023

Concealed Carry Considerations


After the recent shooting at the outlet mall in Allen, TX, I've decided to make some changes in my daily carry. This one hit me harder because I go there a lot with my family. I typically find myself carrying my G43 with a +2 and a spare mag (17rds total). It is simply more comfortable and convenient and I've always considered it "enough". Well I made this decision now to carry my G19 with spare 20rd mag (36rds total) and also get this pistol setup with a red dot. I have always been the one to argue that for carry, a dot isn't necessary. But after this shooting my wife came to me and asked if I had the proper aim to have stopped this guy if I was in the position to, I realized I would be a whole lot more comfortable taking that shot with a red dot. It also has made me realize I have to put in more training time. I trust that I could effectively respond as is, but no one has ever said they wished they had less training. Anyone else ever find themselves reconsidering "going comfortable" with their concealed carry choice? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/OE4FCN5

No comments:

Post a Comment