Monday, April 12, 2021

Question about traveling with CCW out of state and having weapon at different household.


I have been on a ship for sometime now and will be heading home to Texas in a month. I will get my LTC while home. This is not complicated but future travels will be.After about 2 months I will be heading back to New York to finish senior year and will be there for about a year (Academy so won’t be leaving). The roadtrip will involve stopping in Wisconsin (they have reciprocity regarding Texas LTC) but by no means would I be able to keep the firearm with me in New York. This being said, I have family (who are legal gun owners) in both Wisconsin and Ohio. I understand that taking a firearm across states and leaving it is illegal. Here is what I read.“ATF regulations DO NOT allow the transfer of firearms between unlicensed residents of different states. If you leave your firearms in the care and control of someone in a state where you do not reside you have unlawfully transferred possession.”Now what I am wondering is how I could make this work. Is there a way in which my family could obtain a Texas permit thus allowing the weapon to stay locked up in their household while I’m in New York? Or is that also not legal. What ways are there to legally achieve this roadtrip with CCW. I would prefer to have my firearm with me while embarking on the long road trips from Texas to New York and in a year back to Texas. Thank you. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/329iox2

No comments:

Post a Comment