Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Having issues with my Walther PPS M2


Back in the fall I purchased a new Walther PPS M2 LE to replace my Shield 1.0 for carry purposes. I'd looked online and they appeared to be well-reviewed.When unloading I have had consistent issues with the extractor claw failing to grasp the self-defense ammo I carry. I have reproduced the problem with multiple magazines and two different types of ammo. I do believe I think I once tried standard 9mm and it had no issues extracting.Tonight, when I went to unload with an 8 round mag upon ejecting the mag a freefloating round fell out of the magazine well, and when I racked the slide (as usual) the chambered round was freefloating in the receiver, which quickly got wedged.Here is a picture of the ammo from tonight. I use this ammo with my other carry pistols (G19, G48) with no cycling issues.When unloading the top of the mag almost always has a partially stripped round, I'm assuming it finally stripped tonightTwo months ago I took it to the range and put 70 rounds of standard 9mm downrange and it functioned flawlessly with no stoppages.I'm at a loss to account for these problems, and I'm starting to think about getting rid of it. I'm making a range trip next week, and got some 9mm in today. I was going to try a few rounds of the hollowpoint, and then some standard 9mm.Thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3e51iWJ

No comments:

Post a Comment