Saturday, April 17, 2021

Carrying with a weapon light


I've noticed the trend lately has been going towards carrying concealed with a weapon light. I've never found the need to carry a weapon light, but I'm open to having my mind changed.My thought is that there's practically no scenario in which I've already identified someone as a threat that warrants deadly force and at the same time don't have enough light to engage them accurately. This is especially true of optic equipped guns that don't need "backlight" to see the sights. If I've drawn my gun, I've already determined that this person is a threat using whatever lighting I have available, whether that be ambient light from street lamps, stores, etc. or my handheld light. Also, if I use my handheld flashlight to identify the threat before drawing, I'd still be holding onto my flashlight with my support hand anyways unless I want to drop it on the ground to get a two handed grip.I fully understand the benefits of having a light on a HD or LE/mil duty gun, where you may need to search unlit structures with your weapon already drawn. All my HD guns have lights on them for that reason.As for downsides to a weapon light, I guess there really aren't many other than comfort. But I don't want to sacrifice comfort for an extra capability that I'm very unlikely to need.I'd love to hear some of your perspectives on why you choose to carry with a weapon light, and what scenarios you think it might be useful. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3dplEe6

No comments:

Post a Comment