Monday, March 1, 2021

Got metal bones in one of my legs, making it quite weak. I want to learn to defend myself.

I've had my most of my femur and tibia, and parts of my knee replaced in my left leg many years ago, and it's significantly weaker than the other 'normal" one. Not completely useless but very unreliable, I can sometimes walk with a limp if it gets worn out or aches a bit.

In my experience, I get absolutely dominated in a fight due to that weaknesses; lose balance, can't move around fast enough. (I can't really run). So I can't really rely on that leg at all during a fight. I can take punches and get a few out, but I can be put on the floor easily and quickly.

And I have a bit of a bad habit running my mouth a little too much, hah.

One good thing is that because I was on crutches for a couple years, and because of sometimes having to compensate for my leg, I have decent upper body strength.

What would be a good martial art/type of self defense for me to consider learning that would be beneficial?

Cheers!



Submitted March 01, 2021 at 04:06AM by Pelpstah https://ift.tt/3sEUjtg

No comments:

Post a Comment