Saturday, March 27, 2021

Does anyone carry a compact pistol in a shoulder rig under a suit? If so, can you give me some advice?


Did you start using a shoulder rig because of how inconvenient or uncomfortable your previous setup was? Or was a shoulder rig just easier to conceal? When shoulder rigs get brought up people love to talk about they can't feel the weight of their 5" 1911, but what if I was going to pack an XDS sized pistol on my slim build? Just getting into CC'ing, Majority of the time I'll be carrying I'll be wearing a suit jacket. I like my jackets with side vents, and a 4:30 IWB feels like I'm begging for the grip to poke out at the worst time. A shoulder holster seems like a good option but I've read that it really does vary person to person. I'm 5'11", 165lbs, 38" chest. If my jackets are tailored, should a good shoulder rig disappear underneath a carefully fitted jacket or are they inherently bulky and need a very loose fit? And by carefully fitting I don't mean Skyfall's Tom Ford suits. Most designer suits look one or two sizes too small to me. I prefer a classic cut to my jackets. There are several made-to-measure suit stores in my area, so I'm pretty sure I can get a jacket made with extra room where I need. I'm going to need a new suit for any holster style so I can really start anywhere. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3crJEg9

No comments:

Post a Comment