Sunday, March 28, 2021

Need Help Diagnosing Pistol Aim Issue


Zeroed a holosun 507k on my 43x yesterday. Over six five-shot groups at 10 yards, pictured below, I got the sight zeroed to grouping within an inch (final group).I put about 150 more rounds through the pistol at 15-20 yards, including a variety of ammunition from Federal hollow points to Wolf FMJ, and everything seemed dialed in. My rapid fire and shot-timer drills were grouped within 5-8 inches at 20 yards, but if I took my time I could hit my target just fine.At home, using a G-Sight dry fire training laser and their proprietary app from 10 yards, pistol seems to be shooting high-right (also pictured below). For context, the #8 circle on the G-Sight target is about as big as the targets I used to zero the sight - about 3 inches.So, either:Pistol doesn't shoot straightG-Sight laser doesn't shoot straightIs it common or even possible for a pistol to shoot off center (bullet doesn't travel exactly where the barrel is pointing), or is it most likely the G-Sight laser that is inaccurate? I'm ruling out the app, because I can see the laser going high and right myself.It doesn't make sense that I could group my shots within an inch at 10 yards with the red dot, then get home and have them go high and right at the same distance through the same sight. Either way, I can hit my target with real ammo, but I'd like to know which is the culprit.1st Group - 2 flyers2nd Group - 1 Flyer3rd Group - 2 Flyers4th Group - Nearly ThereFinal Group - 1 FlyerG-Sight at 10 Yards, 5 shots via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31oBeQe

No comments:

Post a Comment