Thursday, November 12, 2020

Goldilocks gun...


I have my permit, I have a p365. I like the gun but not a huge fan of the trigger but I digress.My wife and I have been taking concealed carry classes and handgun training. The handgun training is things like clearing jams, tactical magazine swaps, etc.A major problem I ran into was that my hand is large enough to jam up my mag swaps with my p365 so I was looking at getting a “compact” gun that I could get a better purchase on the gun so I could do mag swaps easier.I’m having to balance a fine line of concealable and being able to drop a mag without repositioning the gun significantly to swap mags.The guns I’m looking at is the Sig p320 compact, Glock g19.5, HK VP9, HK VP9SK.The p320c I’m not a super big fan of the trigger, it’s similar to the p365 than say a PPQ which IMO has a significantly better trigger.The VP9 is the largest of the group so hardest to conceal on top of having the paddled mag release.The VP9SK is kind of weird, it’s smallest of this group but has similar situations as p365 as I can’t get a full grip on it. In addition paddle releases. In addition to get the same round counts it’s the same size or larger than the other guns.The glock 19.5 is one of the smaller ones in this (height wise) list, has a decent trigger comparable to the p320c but...not a huge fan of glocks (i’m probably being petty).Then there is the reasonableness of actually carrying any of these guns. Obviously being larger the harder it will be to conceal. However, some people say there are no issues at all concealing these guns and they do it every day while others think they are too difficult to conceal. I assume this is just a personal preference?Any thoughts? I’m planning on going to the range to shoot them all but just asking general questions to potentially rule one/any of these out for a reason I’m missing. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Uma1u2

No comments:

Post a Comment