Thursday, November 12, 2020

Disabled and dangerous: What do you carry?

I know for a fact that I am not the only one out there that carries weapons on them when they go out.

I am just interested to find out what other disabled or wheelchair-bound individuals carry for self-defense. I myself I am a C5-C6 incomplete quadriplegic and I am definitely armed when I go out. I am fully paralyzed from the chest down but I have the ability to squeeze my fingers and make a fist so that is how I'm able to grasp a knife handle.

I know that disabled individuals look like an easy target for criminals and I want to be as prepared as possible if somebody decided to attack me or I try to grab ahold of me. I am not about half measures because if somebody grabs ahold of me then in my mind they are willing to do much more than just grab me. The way I look at the situation is if I get grabbed, they will get cut. It is simple as that. I don't have the luxury of thinking that a person isn't going to do me harm because the fact is if I get pulled out of my chair I am essentially completely defenseless. I have to do everything in my power to make sure that does not happen.

I carry three knives at all times when I go out. I keep two ready to grab at a moment's notice and another tucked away because it is more of a multi tool. One knife is attached under my armrest with only the handle sticking out to where nobody even notices it and I also have a neck knife that I carry around, as well. The neck knife is a Cold Steel Bowie spike and the one attached under my armrest is a CRKT Minimalist Keramin. The Keramin is the one that I have set up to where I can get to it very quickly and if you look it up it's shaped like a Karambit and it is razor sharp. One strike with that and whoever has a hold of me is going to wish that they never touched me. I will grab the Bowie knife if I have enough time to do so and it's also the one I use for whatever you may need a knife for during the day. It is a decent size knife with a blade length of 4 inches so it is a pretty intimidating thing to see if I ever needed to pull it out in a self defense situation and it might make that person think twice before physically assaulting me.

I also carry a more lethal item on me (if you get what I mean) as well in case a situation calls for a more lethal solution. As you can see I am prepared for any situation that might occur nowadays I believe you sure you're ready for anything that may happen.

So anyway, what kind of weapons do you carry to protect yourself on a day-to-day basis should a self-defense situation occurs with you? I am really interested to know why you may be carrying on your person and also what kind of setup you have. Looking forward to hearing from everybody!!



Submitted November 11, 2020 at 09:04PM by SignificantQuad https://ift.tt/3netNUE

No comments:

Post a Comment