Thursday, November 5, 2020

Astigmatism with Iron Sights


So I recently bought my first gun, the p365 XL (I have shot a few Glocks as well and have had the same problem), and I cannot for the life of me get the iron sights to focus with both eyes open. My left eye has an astigmatism and my right eye is normal, but I use a toric contact lens in my left eye to correct it. When I present with both eyes open and try my best to focus on the front sight, then close my left eye to check, my left rear sight is normally covering the front sight. When I present with my left eye closed I don't have any issues. I am about to take a ccw class, but I want to get this sorted before I start to carry.​Is it a problem with me and my technique, or is this a problem others have had? If there are any options that I can try to attempt to counteract it please let me know. Everything I have been able to find online is for the most part discussing red dots.​Thanks in advanced from a new gun owner! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3682cNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment