Sunday, October 11, 2020

4 Year CCW/Gun Owner - Forced to draw and place some1 at gun point for the 1st time, thoughts?


This has been on my mind all week; Early last Monday morning I was almost to sleep around 330am when I heard a truck exhaust pull up outside my home. Upon observation out a bedroom window I observed 2 men actively attempting to steal my 14’ daily work-trailer valued $2,500 as one was waving the truck back to line up with my trailer hitch.I could not believe it. I had a enormous wave of fear come over me realizing that this was it, a robbery was occurring and I will have to confront the situation immediately or the trailer will be theirs......and I need that trailer in about 3 and a half hours for work. About a 20-25 second window I had to get to them before they accomplish attaching, if I can accomplish that, they will retreat without it.After a few seconds gathering my plan, I grab my 9mm shield and head for the front door in my boxer briefs. I open the door begin forward and quickly raise my weapon at the thief’s while I begin screaming at the top of my lungs. “Get the **** off of my property, I am armed, ******* leave, you mother*********s”Unfortunately they were just finishing hooking up as we met eachother. One guy was still outside of the truck, but boy, were these guys SCARED. Looked like little babies the moment they saw me coming. Guy #2 jumps in the pickup bed and the driver slams reverse 100 feet (rather quite impressive with a 14’ trailer I’ll give it to him) I move forward toward the vehicle, gun drawn but pointed to the ground at this point. This is when I thought to myself 1) the chance of personal threat to my life is gone and 2) these guys may have a gun in the truck and I begin to retreat backwards.I also dial 911 at that moment. As I can still see the truck I give a direction as which way I believe they are headed(lived in the area a long time). By extreme luck and random chance, Thankfully a deputy was driving and had the suspect truck and trailer drive by him, he intercepted the truck and trailer just before they arrived to the suspects house only a mile or two further. This is merely 5 minutes after they leave my house — A foot chase ensued, they hid near by and 15 deputies plus 2 K9 dogs apprehended.I retrieved my trailer 1.5 hours after theft and they were arrested for grand theft and possession of meth.It was exhilarating. I will never forget that situation. The adrenaline pumping afterwards for several (5-6 hours) was overwhelming.My reason for the post is I am aware the most important thing to understand as CCW is: when to pull, and how to control of your composure and choose the correct decisions if that situation was to happens. You don’t know what you will do until you do it. I will say It is a great feeling to go through it and act responsible and keep focus on logical motor skills. Some people would have shot at their tires or something crazy and irresponsible. I was only 15 feet from these guys at a point and 1 of them was out of their truck.I’d appreciate some feedback from a knowledge community whether I made the correct decision or did not. CCW is a big responsibility and I will always strive to be responsibleI’ve shared this with a dozen friends /family, and majority say they would have done the same thing — but I’ve gotten a few responses of it being a poor choice to pull my weapon or even go outside, and the better option was to remain inside and call 911....which I think is absurd if I will sit around and let a couple jerkoffs steal my property while I am capable of stopping it OR confront two men committing a felony against me without my pistol.What do you think? Appreciate it, thanks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GRLedZ

No comments:

Post a Comment