Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Dud rounds and squibs in professional experiences?


So I spent a few hours at a local outdoor range today that I had never been to. Wanted to get more accustomed to my new Canik I plan on carrying as the weather permits more layers, and take the opportunity to dial a scope on my mp15.I began the day plinking steel plates at 15 yards and something I have never experienced happened. I had just racked a new magazine, got my target in sight, pulled the trigger and although I could hear and see that the striker had moved, there was no noise smoke or anything. I stood there for 30 seconds aiming down range before I cleared it and picked up the round. No mark on the primer which I thought was strange and the guys next to me thought it was pretty odd too.I’ve put 300+ rounds through prior to this, and I was using Midwest 9mm 115 grain which is the same size I use for the range all the time.Went about the rest of the day and didn’t really get to thinking about it until this evening, I know the classic tap-rack can cause catastrophic results if it’s in response to an unrecognized squib. How often does this really happen? And also, if this were to occur in an automatic rifle would the ability to fire that quickly make the results even worse or is it always an instant disaster? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/35XT1Bd

No comments:

Post a Comment