Thursday, September 12, 2019

Why you should carry whenever possible


Hey r/CCW, I had something happen to me yesterday afternoon that I thought I would share to highlight the importance of carrying whenever possible.I was driving home from work and proceeded to turn onto the entrance ramp for the highway. On the corner of the street in a patch of grass was an older man on top of a younger woman. They were grappling and I could hear them yelling and screaming inside my running truck. I pulled over, another guy in his truck pulled over behind me, and we both jumped out to confront this guy that was clearly committing assault. Myself and the other truck guy told him to cut it out and I called the police. The guy that was previously on top of the girl was either high, drunk, or mentally unstable. He could barely stand and was mumbling and slurring his words. The police showed up, everything turned out fine, and no one was seriously injured.The reason I am telling this story is that when I got out of my truck I reached for my CCW (not to draw, just to reassure myself it was there and ready if I needed it). I really should not have been surprised when I did not feel it there, because I do not carry at work. There are some people that are very strongly opinionated in my office and I would prefer not to cause a problem. Also, my office is in CT and if I ever have to go to NY I would have to do something about by CCW. Now I am seriously reconsidering that decision. If you do not regularly carry, you should too. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZSW23g

No comments:

Post a Comment