Thursday, September 5, 2019

I always think someone is in my house when I’m trying to sleep


(TLDR at the bottom)I guess I should start out with, about 2 weeks ago, my neighbors had a break-in, in the middle of the night when they were home asleep. Perp didn’t make it past the downstairs before getting spooked it seems, based off their camera footage.Two weeks have pasted, and ever since then I have been paranoid beyond belief that someone is breaking into my home. When I’m trying to fall asleep, there always seems to be some “sound” that interrupts me trying to catch some Z’s.These sounds typically result in me overthinking in my head that there’s someone in my home, looking for things to steal, and is ready harm my family and I... which results in me shining my damn gun light all over the house from the upstairs (I can see the entire 1st floor from the top of the stairs). This happens about every night at this point, and after having my nerves shot through the roof, it’s harder to fall asleep, and it puts me even MORE on edge than before. It’s effecting my health at this point, and I don’t know what to do.Part of my knows that every time I’ve gone to check on that bump in the night, nothing is there. Just a house making house sounds... but then the other half of me knows it would be foolish to assume this, because there’s the chance that something could happening one of these times.This is the only subreddit I know of that may have some type of insight on a issue like this, but I also apologize if this goes outside the bounds of what is allowed on here.Have any of you struggled with this before? What did you do to calm yourself, but not allow yourself to become complacent? TIATLDR : Scary house sounds make me think someone is in my house at night, family is sick of me running around the house in my underwear shining my gun’s light at well, nothing. Oh, and I’m not sleeping well cause of it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PIRKHM

No comments:

Post a Comment