Thursday, September 5, 2019

How often do you carry?


I'm on mobile, so I apologise for poor formatting. I'm looking to get a home defense pistol and thought I might as well get a pistol I could carry in the future once my skills were good enough.I live in PA, so getting a CCW permit is easy. A lot of blogs, articles, and videos mention the 1st rule of CCW is to carry all the time, but looking at the places I go I don't know if that is possible.I was wondering if anybody else was in my shoes and only carried some of the time.I CAN NOT wear a gun at work. It is not office policy or anything, but doing the work I do it would be impossible to safely carry. So I could carry on my way to work and just leave the gun in my car all day, but I don't know how safe that is. Or I could store it in my desk drawer but I'm away from my desk most of the day so that doesn't seem safe either.After work I go to the gym, where I do typical gym stuff and sometimes swim or play pickup basketball. I can't see carrying while working out being comfortable or safe, plus the gun would be in a locker when I swim.On the weekends I usually go for a long run, 10 miles or so, I guess I could carry in a fanny pack or something but that doesn't seem comfortable for such a long run.We go to various events at the kids schools, but I can't carry there.We take trips to nearby cities/states like NY, NJ, Baltimore, and Washington DC every few weeks for various aquariums, museums, day trips to the city, kids activities, etc but it looks like those states don't offer reciprocity so I wouldn't be able to carry there.We go to various concerts and sporting events in PA, but they have you go through metal detectors upon entry and have no weapons polocy, so I can't carry there.There are the times we go to local stores, malls, movies, restaurants, hiking etc where I could carry.All in all I feel like more often than I won't have my CCW on me.So many people say they carry everywhere, or don't go places where they can't carry, but I don't see how that would be possible for me. Do you really carry everywhere? Given the above info about myself, would you recommend getting a CCW? How bad is it to get a CCW and NOT carry all the time?I would like to hear your experiences and listen to any insight you have to offer me.My reason for wanting a CCW is just to be in a better position to protect myself and family. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/32wD6VG

No comments:

Post a Comment