Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Cheap carry ammo?


I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I thought I would turn to you guys for an opinion. My question is: what's really wrong with carrying cheap hollow points for self defense? I'm talking about something along the lines of Remington's green and white box JHP model number L9MMB for example. Now, I know, the projectiles aren't bonded, they're probably old technology or something, they may not expand as uniformly as more expensive projectiles, and they don't come in fancy nickle plated brass. But the thing is they function fine in my firearm, and the projectiles seem to expand well enough in other people's tests, and as a country dweller myself, the most important thing is when I come across something that needs shooting, whether it be a varmint or a lard can, or whatever, I can shoot it and not worry about the dollar bills coming out the end of my barrel. Another important advantage is that it would be easy to practice a lot with the same ammo I carry. I'm not advocating halfassidly choosing carry ammunition based on price point alone. I'm just asking, do we really get any advantage carrying expensive ammo that we cringe to shoot? What do you say? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZR0ekH

No comments:

Post a Comment