Monday, August 10, 2026

Was I about to be robbed or overreacting?

As a taxi driver I got s client who ordered a ride through a app normally we have 3 ways ( standard calling a taxi remain anonymous only with phonenumber , app with name , uber ) he ordered with app and had name on screen. So he is like those young thug looking but more chill( the type that maybe unsure about himself who ended the wrong way of life or crowd ) I drive him him mix way he says he has 500 and aka if I have change was unusual to pay now but I say ok and try look for change took me a while I told him I have 250 and can give 50 in coins but he said just keep the rest as tips. And rest of the ride was silent minding his business. When I’m there at a industry dark area his guys or group of 5-7 we’re waiting he said I could just stop here a bit of road before his pals spot and from there my eyes badly focus on 2 of his friends walking towards the car and I lost focus on the guy sitting in the car but he goes out says thx for the ride and then crosses the street and the 2 who are coming looks weirdly at him like huh and lifts hand like what. They all have the same clothes in my country it’s the type our thugs and violent people wear. Any idea if I’m overstessing or if it was maybe a robbery but the guy who I drove saw I didn’t have money lying around and changed his mind ? Or just something internal for them ?

I won’t lie I’m not used to that part of crown or dealing with that I am soft minded unfortunately haven’t. Ever been in a fight or gotten beaten so I’m slow to react or read the room and have no experience of knowledge to read these scenarios any advice for this without having to actually be in that life lol



Submitted August 10, 2026 at 05:50PM by Ok_Drummer6347 https://ift.tt/pzAcVfX

No comments:

Post a Comment