Friday, August 21, 2026

Restrictions on Pepper Spray - 1.25 to 3 OZ

I recently purchased a 3 OZ container of some powerful pepper spray, and I felt safer than I ever have before. I even bought another one, which was more of a cone fog rather than a stream for certain environments.

While looking at the products and doing more research, I noticed my city only allows people to carry 1.25 oz of pepper spray.

Even before I was serious about carrying pepper spray on a daily basis, I had one that was 1.8-oz and did not have the slightest clue that what I was doing was illegal, since the majority of pepper spray on Amazon is over 1.25-oz, and it seems the most popular ones under 1.25 oz are the Saber 0.75-oz containers.

I feel awful about this since it seemed, other than a firearm, that the pepper spray I thought I could carry is now illegal, and I have to resort to lesser-grade and shorter-lasting products to replace the ones I have.

It seems the topic has rarely been addressed, and I was wondering if anyone has experience carrying a container of pepper spray over the legally justified amount, or if I should get rid of the ones I have?

The rule seems ridiculous since most people attempting to defend themselves may want a larger container. I wonder how the use of a 3-oz container would be viewed in court if it is legally justified.



Submitted 2026-08-22T05:40:00Z by ManaPaws17 https://ift.tt/FqVWauT

No comments:

Post a Comment