Live with roommates who disregard basic safety and don’t give af to lock the front or backyard door, even after constantly telling them to do so. One of the roommates (35M) has tons (over 40) firearms just sprawled all about the living room unlocked with the curtains wide open so anyone outside can see them. Can’t move out due to not being financially stable yet.
My bf does have firearms secured in our bedroom which does make me feel safe in a way but not really, but I’m always having to get up multiple times at night just to lock the front and backyard sliding door due to my roommate (22F) being dumb as rocks. I can’t even go into the house by myself anymore because they’re never locked and I have to wait for my bf to get home before we go inside. An unlocked door was an invitation to come in by the night stalker. I have trauma from being assaulted and this living situation isn’t great for my well being.
The town we live in has a 60% higher than national average for crime, break ins especially, and this stresses me out so much(we live in SoCal). The doors to the home we are renting are very flimsy/weak and all we have for our bedroom door is a keyed lever handle and it’s not enough for my peace of mind. I am not on the lease but my bf is, yet the other roommates won’t bother to listen to our concerns over this.
I(29F) am 5’2” 145 lbs and I’m physically disabled so I can’t even do anything if someone does break in.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a door block to put inside of our bedroom? Changing the door to be a more durable (?) one isn’t allowed on the lease.
Submitted 2026-08-26T12:35:18Z by wtfRichard1 https://ift.tt/ivopl8W
No comments:
Post a Comment