Wednesday, June 5, 2024

How should I train and regain confidence?

I(23M) have been a victim of a violent stabbing 6 months ago. I was stabbed 9 times in the head and once in my shoulder while I was at work by a random guy I did not know. I never said anything to him prior and he got me when my back was turned. Luckily the knife was small and he couldn’t fight but he was a lot bigger than me. I’ve been able to seemingly make a full recovery and I have no major physical issues!!! Thank God!

Then three weeks ago, at work again in a different area. A couple of guys came into my workplace with ARs and started shooting at everyone. Three people were shot. One guy was hit in the neck. The shootout was long and lasted about 2-3 minutes long of security and them shooting back and forth.

These events have rattled me into feeling inadequate to protect myself and my family (10 month baby and fiance) as I am a beginner in Bjj (started a few months after the stabbing). I’ve been going to therapy for PTSD for a few months as well and it’s helped. However, I still feel like a victim everyday and not in control of my own life anymore.

I own a few firearms but I only go occasional shooting at the local range and this doesn’t feel like training, more like a sport. I want to get into more intense firearms training and after the shooting event I don’t feel confident anymore in bjj as some attackers will have knives or guns as I’ve experienced. So I’m not sure where to go from here with my training to feel confident in myself and comfortable in my surroundings.

I reside in Georgia so if you know any clubs or places to train, I’d love to give it a try.

Thank you all!!!



Submitted June 05, 2024 at 08:55PM by Xsaberninja https://ift.tt/bI7dYGz

No comments:

Post a Comment