Monday, October 19, 2020

Review of mckinatech kina flex rig


I finally got my mckinatech kina flex rig after 6+ weeks.I have a Glock 43x and I carry it AIWB at slightly off 12 o’clock. I was using a vedder light tuck and I carry a spare mag in my pocket. I eventually got annoyed of the spare mag in the pocket so I wanted to get a sidecar holster. I bought the kina flex rig because I read good things about it. So to balance out all the good things out there, here’s an honest review with some of the negatives about it in comparison to vedder:no audible click when you put the gun into the holster. The magazine half of the holster does have the click, but not the gun half. I emailed the owner and he said that’s normal and he just advised me to tighten the retention if I want to be sure the gun is secure. After some back and forth, he agreed to take back the holster to try and alter it and he said if he can’t alter it, he’ll make me a new one. So +1 for great customer service, I appreciate how fast he got back to me and him willing to try and fix it or replace it.visible space in the trigger guard part of the holster. The vedder completely covered my trigger guard. I took some comparison pics, here’s the link if you want to see what I mean: https://ift.tt/3dOrww4 comfortable. No need for foam pads. On my vedder, it was uncomfortable for me without a foam pad I got from tier 1not bulky. Very light and doesn’t take up space even though it’s a sidecar holsterI can’t exactly put my finger on why but the vedder kydex feels more solid and looks like it will last a long time. The mckinatech looks like it might break if bent the wrong way.The belt clips on the mckinatech are plastic and hook into the bottom of your belt. I like vedder’s metal clip that slide onto your belt because it feels more solid and also lets you easily take off the holster but also secure enough to never fall out on its ownConceals really well. I attribute this to the claw not being as pronounced as vedder’s claw. Vedder’s claw sticks out a lot and is obnoxious. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3lZZqAI

No comments:

Post a Comment