Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Who carries at home?


Hey everyone! Last night I had a situation that exemplified the necessity of carrying a firearm on my own property. Truthfully I’m a bit embarrassed that it hadn’t clicked previously but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.I live in a fairly rural area. I have a decent sized property to manage and really enjoy working outdoors. Last night I was in the middle of some chores when a rather agitated pit bull ran into my yard. I love dogs, so my first instinct was to squat down a bit and speak to him in a friendly voice as he was still about 20 feet away. I was, however, already thinking about how quickly he could close that distance if he wanted to. He didn’t respond well to my friendly offering so I stood back up and slowly started backing my way to the house. He false charged me a number of times, I did my best to stay calm and speak firmly without exciting him more. I finally made it back to the house and gave him a few minutes to move on, before heading back out to finish my chores, now with my G19 on.I got a free lesson last night. I guess for whatever reason I thought I was “safe” on my own property but that was rather foolish. I literally never leave the house without a firearm, basic first aid, basic tools. I love being prepared whenever I can. It’s rather embarrassing that I had overlooked something so obvious, but no harm was done, and I’m wiser for it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33OvU9D

No comments:

Post a Comment