Saturday, September 19, 2020

Today at the range


Well, this trip provided enough comedy for r/ccw and /r/tifu both.California in a relentless attempt to price everyone out of obtaining a CCW permit has now required range qualification when you need to renew your permit, my county has pretty lax requirements, so even someone as wildly inaccurate as myself was able to qualify pretty easily, but here's the list of events while at the rangeRange master jokes that its all ok as long as noone makes him bleedThe usual "WTF are you qualifying with that?" questions (My 10mm and My 50ae desert eagle are both unusual carries) to which i usually reply, when I miss, I can club them to death with the empty weaponI proceed to qualify with the deagle first and the rangemaster is standing behind making sure Im not being any more stupid than usual when an ejected round hits him square in the forehead and does actually draw bloodThen i do a stupid and let the gun bite me as its loading its next round and draw blood on my thumb (stupid, I know better, but there you go)Switching to the more normal of the guns, I proceed to put TWO rounds down the back of my buttoned up collared shirt, both of which will have left their mark.A good chunk of the required classroom training consisted of reminding people that the RSO wasnt joking and that this is the first time someone has actually had the nerve to actually draw blood :P​All pretty minor stuff and all the 4 rules were of course always followed, so there was no signifcant risk, but damn if Murphy wasn't trying his hardest today via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33KA6aw

No comments:

Post a Comment