Friday, September 18, 2020

Red Dot on G19 Questions


How’s everyone doing, I picked up a Gen 4 G19 MOS. I mounted a Holosun hs407c on it, and took it to the range yesterday. I zeroed the dot for 25 yards and made some weird findings. With iron sights on a pistol, I have no issue, my 19X I was making shots at 50 yards no issue with irons.At 25 yards with a red dot, I had to make some drastic adjustments, and when I hold the gun up, the adjustment is high left. I’m confident that this is user error. Before I head to the range again, I have a bore sighter on the way, and plan to instead zero at 10 yards because this is a carry gun. My issue is if I look through the irons, my dot is in outer space compared to the irons.All of my carry pieces I have no issue with accuracy and iron sights, but it really bothers me that when holding the gun up that red dot is no where near my irons. This is my first G19 and I’m sure it’s probably an issue with my grip, but I’m looking for some advice. For now, after I returned home, I adjusted the dot for cowitness with the irons. I’m not going to carry it until I know I can hit what I’m aiming at, dot alone, no cowitness. Any advice would be appreciated. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZK5e8T

No comments:

Post a Comment