Thursday, September 10, 2020

Picking up my first dedicated CCW. Any advice?


Hi all,Im looking at picking up a dedicated 9mm CCW weapon. I have an XD 4” for home use and want something smaller to carry around.I’m leaning towards a DA/SA pistol such as the HK P30SK/Walther P99AS, but open to a lot of options. I’ve looked at some striker fire such as the G26, hellcat, etc. The decocker however makes me feel more comfortable - i am not a fan of safety’s, but i enjoy having safety measures, such as a heavy trigger pull on that first shot, hence why I’m leaning towards a DA/SA. I personally don’t mind the XD grip safety, but i’m not looking at getting another XD.I’m 6’3, 200lbs. I typically wear larger fit clothing, not athletic tight clothing. I plan to carry IWB 3-4 oclock position. My budget is ~$600 for something. What would you honestly recommend? A DA/SA pistol, or a striker fire pistol, and what is your personal choice between the two?Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FnVNEI

No comments:

Post a Comment