Saturday, September 19, 2020

My arrival at a true "everyday carry", or I've realized that something is better than nothing


I've had my concealed carry permit for 25 years. When I got it, I was convinced by the gun mags that I should carry a duty-sized pistol. So I carried a SIG P226 and a spare mag, no matter what. Or so I told myself. I quickly realized the compromises in carrying that were too many, so I bought a smaller handgun.I guess it was around 1998 or so when I got a S&W 3913, then traded for a SIG P239 not long afterwards. Both are fine handguns, but I still found them cumbersome with a holster and such, and I was a guy in my 20s who worked out a lot and tended to want to dress to emphasize that(tucked in extra schmedium shirts and all), so I would leave home without it a lot. Even when I switched to a Kahr P9, there were still times I left without a firearm due to wardrobe choices.Everything changed when I bought my Kahr CW380. Being able to stick a pistol in a pocket holster and then into my pocket meant no matter what, I had a handgun. I never leave home without it. I also have a couple of NAA mini revolvers as a last ditch "I have to carry a gun" guns. A .22 Magnum out of a NAA Pug isn't idea, but it's better than a poke with a sharp stick.Now, I do carry my Kahr CM9 a lot. I stick it and the holster in my waistband most of the time. But my .380 goes everywhere, and a lot of times I also carry a reload in a Sneaky Pete mag holster.A CW380(or LCP2, or Airweight .38) in your pocket is way better than a G19 at home. And I guarantee a mag dump of .380s will deter most attackers, both two and four legged. Well, not bears... via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2RJ53Gw

No comments:

Post a Comment