Saturday, September 19, 2020

Just had my first incident where I almost drew my weapon | looking for insight


So I just had an incident where a punk thought he could prove his masculinity by shoulder checking me. I was taking a walk at a park, and apparently he didn't want to move out of my way on the sidewalk, and I wasn't going to let him force me to walk on the grass around him. I just kept walking straight, and when he ran into me, he said, "what's good homie, you wanna get fucked up?" while walking towards me. Immediately, I put my hand on my AIWB p320c, and kept slightly walking forward while keeping an eye on him. He said, "oh, I have one too" and put down his backpack like he was going to go for it. Obviously, I had the drop on him and could of ended his shit right there in a second before he could get his out, but I told him to fuck off instead with my hand on my gun, walking forward and keeping an eye on him. He stopped reaching for it and left me alone.In this kind of situation, something was telling me to draw the gun and shoot if he continues to reach. But another voice told me to just keep going and not to worry. The problem is this punk lives in my apartment complex -- I see him around all the time. I feel something will happen inevitably. I hate feeling that I can't feel safe now at the park or my apartment complex with this thug wandering around here all the time. I don't like feeling like I'm going to have to shoot this fucker just so I can walk at the park by my apartment. I guess I just have to find another park to go to and avoid this shit altogether. If I do see him around the complex, I guess what happens happens.I never had any proper training for these situations -- just watching YouTube vids. What would you guys have done? Stay there, draw your gun and shoot if he continued to go for his? Or do what I did? I feel like I just avoided jail, and a bunch of other stuff over something dumb -- stupid high school stuff is how I felt, and I know these type of nothings will kill for less. So now I'm thinking this guy has it out for me if he sees me around and might try to pull something, like shooting me in the back -- I can see this guy pulling something like that. As bad as it sounds, I just don't want to regret not handling the situation properly and having this shit come back to me later. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3iKzrvZ

No comments:

Post a Comment