Sunday, July 12, 2020

Does Appendix Carry Violate Firearm Rule #2?


I talked to someone today about carrying and he asked me how I carry (appendix). He proceeds to lecture/preach for 20 minutes about how appendix carry is a stupid way to carry since it 1) violates rule #2 of firearm safety which is "Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy" 2) could cause most damage from a negligent discharge and 3) is the "tacticool" way of carrying, and anyone not a professional with firearms is (he implied) going to shoot their femoral artery or privates. He carries strong side and said no one will ever "need that extra 1/2 second appendix carry gives you on the draw" and that no one "needs that deep of concealment." He also note the many "NDs when drawing from appendix," none of which I am familiar with or have seen. I am confident and feel safe carrying appendix (I will continue to do so), but would like to hear opinions on this. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/38Tj4ZN

No comments:

Post a Comment