Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Help me out


I've been following the several thousand posts recent and old about flying with a weapon, and read up on everyone's take as well as the TSA guidelines. I've seen and read more posts than I'd really care to on the subject, so I understand that I'm adding to the pile here.Regardless, I thought I'd arrived at a fair conclusion that follows the guidelines the closest: be polite but firm that you retain your key, know the rules that are to be followed even if they don't, know the difference between TSA and airline regulations, etc etc.Then the most recent story popped up here, with the guy traveling out of LAX. The TSA has to check his weapon a second time with him out of the room and requires him to surrender his key (albeit temporarily). Don't get me wrong, my key walking into and back out of a room 6' away doesn't bother me; what bothers me is that I thought giving anybody else the key or combo to my case was the big naughty.The TSA's procedures seem to contradict their own policies with every story I hear on this sub, but I felt like I had the basics down. I know that it's impossible to predict what hairbrained rules or procedures every airport will practice before actually flying out of there, but it's not impossible to have a clear understanding of everything from what's acceptable and what's borderline illegal for transporting a weapon(s).All that to say, is the level of jerking around that the TSA at any one airport decides to put me through what's ultimately acceptable? Are there are hard red flags before or during a search to start requesting clarity/correction? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FpZhn0

No comments:

Post a Comment