Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Defensive Phone Use


About 10 years ago, I was walking home, and I didn't exactly live in the nice part of town. Not the bad part, but not too far from it.One day I'm walking home and about a block away I hear someone shout at me "A-yo b1" as four men started to walk towards me. I kept walking forward, heading towards my home (and a more well lit area), and they were following me. I pulled my phone out, typed in 911, and held it at my side ready to start the call. Smartphone, with a black case. Amazingly, they broke off after about half a block.Fast forward to yesterday, 10 years later and a week before I get my CCW. Suddenly, I realize they saw me pull the small black thing out and hold it at my side and thought I was holding a pistol. One of the cases where no shot had to be fired. I got lucky. Starting next week I won't need luck. And hopefully it'll never come up again. But this is my bit of proof to add to all of this. Criminals are looking for soft targets. Once they thought I could fight back they walked off, without a second thought. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2u4aW8U

No comments:

Post a Comment