Thursday, January 30, 2020

Truglo TFX. Do not consider.


Always looking for a better mousetrap, I had came across these sights a while ago and had been curious but found it hard to find any real decent reviews not including your typical guntuber stuff that I question the honesty of.I finally pulled the trigger and bought some for to test not on my conceal carry, but first on my 2011.After fooling with them in various light conditions for 30minutes, I can say I would never even consider these for a CCW sight.The fiber optics only catch light at a near 12 o clock position, unlike the current novak made fiber optic on my carry. This means that at anything other than noon time you will have the equivalent of regular tri-dot tritium sights. Under weapon light (which is the primary condition for CCW incidents at night) they give you the same black silhouette as regular tritium. This is worse than a fiberoptic which glows brightly from backsplash of a flashlight/weaponlight.The tritium illumination at night is less than the novak tritium 1911 sights I have, which offer a finer dot yet crisper brighter light. They also use a 3 dot system that while simple to learn on than a two-dot, i sight or blackblade single dot combi, does slow down your front post focus.And then there is the length which is double of a tritium or fiber optic sight, that lowers the sight radius on a gun that already is minimal in that capacity and using ammunition that typically requires better accuracy than other platforms.This product seems to have almost all the downsides of both a fiber optic and tritium combined and barely any of advantages of either system.I was sceptical of why the combo wasn't being attempted by other companies, and had a hard time believing it's all due to patent law. I already left a message with truglo that I wish to return them. I wont waste my time installing them for a test. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3aUZk8N

No comments:

Post a Comment