Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Stealthgear are not Kydex?


I love my Stealthgear holsters, and got a gun this summer that Stealthgear does not make a shell for. However I had another SG holster that was pretty close, so I took it to a place locally that does custom Kydex holsters, and asked him to make me a shell that I could use with the Stealthgear backing. He did a great job, but he made the comment that the Stealthgear holster I brought in wasn't Kydek, he said it was something softer. His Kydex shell was certainly nice, but comparing his vs. the SG, the SG is WAY more form-fitting, its like someone poured liquid over the gun and it hardened. This guy does use a vacuum press to make his holsters, but his comment about the SG being softer than Kydex got me wondering, does anyone know what the SG shells are made from? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2O2BUEZ

No comments:

Post a Comment