Monday, January 21, 2019

Rocks for Glocks


New to cc. Long time 1911 fan, but not a fanboy or collector. Bought a RIA compact 2 years ago, but have found it daunting to identify a comfortable carry configuration for this weapon at my size (short and plus sized). Also, for several years I have been pairing down my whole arsenal to a minimum viable feature set for maximum efficiency. Only 45 and 9mm for instance.Now, I have recently picked up a Sub2000. That has changed the equation. Now I am switching to Glock as my primary handgun. My dilemma is whether to replace the 1911cs with a G19 or a G26. The G19 would maximize compatibility with the Sub2000 as it is the G19 Variant, but it seems really close to the 1911cs dimensions. It seems like the 26 might be an improvement in terms of EDC, but does it sacrifice too much as a primary weapon to pair with a pistol caliber carbine?If I had not gotten the Sub2000, I was still eyeing a replacement for the 1911cs to better facilitate EDC. The p365 would top my list but for reliability uncertainties. But now it’s down to the G19 or G26. Which would you pick and why?FYI, no I am not keeping the RIA and buying another additional weapon. I have a full size 1911 that scratches my 1911 itch. The compact was bought for purpose and has not worked out. I am not a collector, so I will replace it. I care about practical, reliable, tool oriented concerns. Nothing else. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2RZzHwR

No comments:

Post a Comment