Sunday, May 6, 2018

[Review] Carrying a Glock 19 w/ RMR06 & TLR-HL for the past 6 months in AWIB


TLDR; I enjoy the Glock 19 with all its additionsMe: 5'5 about 140; Tight pants lover; Enjoys being extra, Likes anime girlsMy gun:* Gen 4 (best gen) Glock 19 with OEM minus connector with Primary Machine RMR cut and slide work. Stuck on as well is a TLR-HL for all the lumens.Imgur link of gun: https://ift.tt/2rqKQYt M3TacticalKydex; I enjoy the versatility that this holster offers me and I enjoy the sub two week delivery of my holster. I had to sand the edges some with sandpaper because it was kind of sharp. I have tried two clips, one clip, single wide clip, and enjoy the single clip the most. I also carry an IWB magazine carrier for extra boolets.Imgur link of holster: https://ift.tt/2KGb0zh the blaster: I enjoy the amount of comfort I have in carrying the gun mentality. It eases me knowing I have 31 rounds of ammo and a near full size gun with a bunch of doo hickeys that make shooting easier in low light/no light and just general good conditions. The whole package (gun and magazine carrier) is comfortable enough that I am willing to carry it every time I leave the house in all my jeans and pants which was the most important thing for me. Driving and sitting I have no problem with as long as I hike my pants up before sitting down. When I wear joggers, I wear the belt where it would be normally on pants and it does fine.My carry positon routinely is between 12:00 and 1:00. I have carried it at the 5 o’clock before with a suit and it worked fine with the claw.Imgur link of gun on me: https://ift.tt/2rqKRM1 Yeah shooting the gun is way easy. So when I started off with irons (was using FP Y Notch sights which are still my favorite irons) I enjoyed pushing out to 25 yards and trying to be as fast and accurate as possible. I was very comfortable with my balance of speed and accuracy with my plain Glock but everything really changed with the RMR. Shooting at 25 yards became literally not fun because of how much 100% hit ratio range sessions I was having, even at 25+ yards. The RMR makes shooting so fucking stupid easy at times. The gun as it is now is crazy easy to shoot and it is hard for me to want to go back to other guns and iron only guns. I have had time behind 1911s/2011s and Shadow 2s but something about a red dot w/ flashlight gun is just awesome. I probably buy into the "tactical" koolaid of it all.The RMR:"The future is now old man"Primary Machine had my slide and back to me in two weeks. I did the extra cuts because it looked cool and that is all I really needed to justify spending another $200 on the cut haha You have to send your RMR with your slide because they mill it to your RMRs dimensions. I have had about 1500+ rounds through it so far and really enjoy it immensely. I keep it on setting 7 of 8 probably like 95% of the time and setting 8 for when it is deathly bright out. I plan to change it next month since it will be going into the 7th month of it being on and batteries are cheap. I utilize the Ameriglo blacked out irons as my back up sights.The only negative thing I have about it is that is has a 16 hour auto-shutoff off "feature" that I really hate. I would rather my battery burn than my optic default to a dim dot, but thank god for back up irons!In a quick mention, I never shot irons focusing on the front sight. I always focused on the target and had my irons blurred out. High vis front with blacked out rear made this ultra-easy and switching to the RMR was a breeze for me.Imgur of RMR sight picture: https://ift.tt/2KEKshG TLR-HL & 2LX: Part of my gun is the TLR-HL and it is great. It offers me what I want in a weapon light which is more throw/hotspot versus a flood beam like the Surefire MaxVision beam. It runs off 2 CR123s which I order online on the cheap anyways so I am happy with it. I change my batteries once every three months because I rarely use it and for my low light shooting, I have training batteries I use. In conjunction with the TLR, I also carry the 2LX which is a great EDC light. It is lighter than my older G2X and with a better throw, with the capability of running of 18650s.Belt: I use the Frank Proctor belt. Not much to really say other than I like it and it does what I need it to do.*Imgur of belt: * https://ift.tt/2rqKTn7 and that is all really. I really was not sure I could care such a large gun being a small Asian guy but it is doable with a wardrobe change (hoodies and larger shirts) and a well made belt and holster. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KBFHFz

No comments:

Post a Comment