Thursday, September 26, 2024

Pepper spray or bear spray for self defense?

Pepper spray or bear spray for self defense?

I'm looking for something mostly for home security and personal protection if I'm out and about somewhere for awhile. Of course I wouldn't be able to bring bear spray with me like that since the size is large but if it's in a backpack or something if I'm out at an event or have it for the house in case something happens. However the shit is $50+ and it's damn near just a single use thing. Really don't expect to have to use it though so might be worth it.

As far as pepper spray though, what's more effective and the strongest; tear gas/CS gas or regular pepper spray/OC spray? Are there any good ones that incorporate both?

Would you recommend a gel or a spray? I've heard gel is better especially if they start to rub it into their eyes, etc, while the spray works well, it isn't as effective because it's simpler to get off/dodge. I seen a comment on reddit a lil while ago talking about bear spray gel? Wouldn't that work as well? The strength of bear mace but in a gel concentrate?

I've also heard about the foam too but don't think that's as effective as either of these?

Looking for the strongest and most effective stuff we could get. Probably won't get it for a lil while but figured to ask now so I know what to look for! Thanks for any advice, knowledge and experience! Hope everyone is having a good day and that everyone in your lives is safe, healthy and alive.



Submitted September 26, 2024 at 02:27AM by TheStonedWiz https://ift.tt/mzQP1Aj

No comments:

Post a Comment