Thursday, March 9, 2023

How to lock a door someone has access to?

So I received an unfortunate experience today. I live on my college campus and some person (not sure if they were a staff member or what) who has a master key opened my door. They announced they would be doing room checks but never said a time or what to expect.

I am hard of hearing so I couldn’t hear anything, and when they walked in I was half naked and shocked. I was trying to sleep when they came in and it scared me to the point of tears. After, they made fun of me outside of my room because it was “so messy they couldn’t even open the door” but I was packing for spring break so everything was piled in categories. My backpack was in front of the door which was why they couldn’t get inside.

I am so scared. As a woman I grew up fearing someone breaking in to where I reside, and it basically happened today. Is there anything I can do to protect myself in the future? I know some people use things while at hotels or apartments to secure the door that way only they can open in, but I don’t know what it is.



Submitted March 09, 2023 at 04:44PM by Far_Maintenance_175 https://ift.tt/UPpzlJV

No comments:

Post a Comment