Sunday, September 12, 2021

Drew my firearm yesterday. Did I do anything wrong?


Happened yesterday.Took our kids, ages 3 and 5, out for a walkWalking along the sidewalk, pitbull comes running at us.Never seen the pitbull before, no leash, no human or owner in sight.I try to get the kids behind me and I draw my Glock.Dog gets to me and isn't showing signs of aggression (growling or barking) so I just try to keep it away from the kids.Gun was always pointed either at dog or the ground in a safe direction. Finger wasn't on the trigger either. By the time the dog got to us and I hadn't been attacked, figured it would have done so by now.Eventually resident of the house we're in front of comes out and grabs the dog.They yell at me to put the gun away. I yell at them and ask if it's their dog. They yell back and say it's not, "put the gun away, my kids are here, we're calling the police".About 60 seconds later a lady comes running down the street where the pitbull came from.I ask if it's her dog, tell her it charged us. She apologizes but then yells at me to "put the gun away, we're in a neighborhood".I tell her I'll put the gun away once she has her dog under control.I take my kids and start to leave the scene. Once sufficient distance away, I reholster and just leave.Met with an animal control officer and made a police report about an hour later. Told her I didn't want her to find the dog or the owner, just that I didn't want someone calling and accusing me of waving a gun around for no reason.Will be avoiding that street forevermore.Did I do anything wrong? Anything you would have done differently? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2VyYJqq

No comments:

Post a Comment