Friday, June 11, 2021

Some gun belts, and why you need one.


For anyone new to the game, let's start with why you need a gun belt. Yes, they're $50; No, your regular belt isn't just as good. Here's why... A good gun belt supports the weight of a loaded firearm and distributes it better around your waist. This makes wearing a gun more comfortable and more concealable. A belt, ideally, should be laterally pliable but vertically rigid (it should loop, but not sag).All pictures below are shown with a P365xl loaded with 13 rounds of HST 147gr in a Vedder Lighttuck, at a relatively modest carry weight of 1lb 13.2ozHere are two extremes to highlight the difference: A regular top-grain* "jeans belt" vs a reinforced competition outer belt. The difference is fairly self-explanatory...regular jeans beltmidway competition outer beltI assume nobody's walking around in a match rig, so here are some examples of popular r/CCW recommendations. (My wallet is mad at you all, but my life experience is grateful.) My photography isn't very good, but I hope this gives the general gist.hank's gunnerblue alpha gear low-profile edcblue alpha gear hybridnexbelt guardian (kydex reinforced)The Nexbelt is the newest to me, but I can already tell that my dearly beloved and well-worn BAGs aren't going to get nearly much rotation as they used to. A reinforced core, even a thin kydex one, makes a heck of a difference.Caveat: I carry strongside, so if there are any beltular nuances for appendix carry, someone correct me and I'll update this.\If you're buying a leather belt, buy only "top grain" or "full grain" -- those are literal slices of cow skin. Anything that says "bonded leather" or "genuine leather" is basically leather particleboard (leather shavings + glue) that'll crack and wear out very quickly.* via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3gfQwir

No comments:

Post a Comment