Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Switched from a Shield 2.0 9mm to a Glock 19 and couldn't be happier


Just kinda wanted to throw a post out there with my experience.Never been a big fan of glocks but I'm just 22 years of age and don't really have a ton of experience with handguns. I've shot many but none extensively. First handgun I bought the day I turned 21 was a shield 2.0 9mm. I always liked how m&p's felt in my hands.Long story short after getting my cpl which took a bit because of covid and whatnot, I started carrying outside of work due to work restrictions. Got a new job and I can now carry at work and after carrying a shield "full time" I felt undergunned with 8+1 of 9mm and had realized that I didn't like how thin and generally small the shield felt in my hands. I don't have large hands, but I felt overall the gun was hard to stabilize I guess, this became apparent to me in my cpl class as well as how much I HATE the hinged trigger design.Decided to move to a larger frame double stack, was slightly worried about how well it would conceal. Picked up a used gen 4 glock 19 with truglo's and 6 mags for $580 in a private sale and immediately ordered a vedder lighttuck + claw (same holster setup as I ran with my shield) to replace the crappy leather holster it came with in the sale.After how many issues I had with concealing the g19 using the cheap leather holster it came with, now that I have it in the vedder I am floored with how well it conceals and how comfortable I find it to carry that much larger of a handgun. It's definitely more to carry, but it's not too much at all.This really showed me how important a good holster is and now I feel so much more confident in my carry choice. I was considering getting a hellcat but jumped on the g19 when I saw a listing for a sale in my area and I wanted to try a larger frame pistol anyways. I wouldn't call myself a glock "fanboy" now or anything but I definitely appreciate them and love mine. I think I shoot a lot better with it than the shield too.Tl;dr: Hated smith and wesson trigger, got a glock. Holsters are important. Smaller isn't always better. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/399hC6Y

No comments:

Post a Comment