Tuesday, October 20, 2020

How long did non-gun people in your life continue to ask you if/why you are carrying your gun?


To elaborate, I've been carrying for a number of months now, and I take it everywhere as long as it's legal. That means I don't take it to work or out to the bars when I'm having a few drinks. Everywhere else it comes with me.The only people that I know I have it is my parents (who I regret telling) and my girlfriend. My friends know because they went through the class with me but they know not to bring it up unless we are already talking about guns.My girlfriend and my mother especially don't understand why I take my gun places. "Do you have it on you right now?" even if I say no they know I'm lying. "Why did you need to take the gun to this family party, seems excessive".They are both great people and they're not "anti" gun, but every time I have to give them the same explanation for the reasons why I carry. And every time I still get the same questions. I'm happy to explain, but I was wondering if anyone had this happen to them too? At a certain point do people just assume you have it and that's the new normal?Maybe it's because it's only been a few months they're still just not used to it, which I understand. But I hate talking about it in public, I almost wish I would have never told them just so they wouldn't bring it up all the time. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2IQ42ez

No comments:

Post a Comment