Wednesday, October 21, 2020

How do I quickly gauge how dangerous someone really is to choose the right way of dealing with him?

Someone is in a group and going over to you with his group of harmless people, maybe even a woman to impress, to threaten you with words. You realize that the situation could get violent by the second. The problem is, the guy starting it probably has done this thousands of times, so if you snap and try jump him to punch him, he pulls out a knife.

He always holds eye contact and you have to decide who to hold eye contact with, as there are more, yet the others are harmless.

The guy attacking misses a lot of teeth.

If you don't react, he just continues and continues berating you, to ultimately probably beat you.

I had something happen where some people were in a park and they were shouting something I did not understand. I presumed, it was not aimed at me.

Later they came over, berating me.

I countered his attacks verbally and "deescalated" the problem, as they left after some time trying to correct what I said but I stuck to my opinion.

One of his subservants tried to "defend" me, probably trying to psyche me out.

It was interesting that I wasn't afraid. Probably because I experienced worse. I was thinking when is this guy done and is leaving?

I thought: I would love to punch this guy. In my country, I would be legally allowed to after what he did.

I only hit people in the dojo and in self defense classes. My punch is good. But I have never been in a street fight.

Those people sense that of course, because others might have already punched the guy. He obviously wants the fight. To not fight makes him feel superiour. And if you fight, he might just stab you.

My problem is that I do not control the outcome of the situation, he does. I correct him, tell him to leave, but he doesn't. I wait and hope for him to comply because of the aforementioned.

I don't have knives with me. Should I get them? Then I have a murder trial against me. And I do have something to lose, he doesn't. Which makes the whole situation more complicated.

I want to end this situation on my terms.

How do I quickly gauge how dangerous someone really is to choose the right way of dealing with him?



Submitted October 21, 2020 at 03:57PM by Korbinian_Weidner https://ift.tt/2TgUawq

No comments:

Post a Comment