Friday, October 16, 2020

Hello single dad here wanting to take my 13yo daughter to some sort of self-defense course - not so much martial arts but more about staying smart, keeping safe, etc. What are your recommendations in the USA?

Hello and thanks in advance for looking! My daughter lives with her mother the majority of the time in a medium-size east coast US city. She lives in a fairly affluent/professional area, but it's still a city with drug and violent crime, like any other. The other day, I was getting takeout with her - she was waiting outside while I was picking up the food. I watched 2 addicts (presumed) walk right by her while my daughter was looking at her phone and I thought they could have easily just snatched her phone. They didn't, but that was the catalyst for me asking this question.

I want her to learn street smarts for a young woman. Situations to avoid, what to do if she's gotten into certain situations and basic self defense. What are your recommendations for something like that? Are there certain classes I can try to get her signed up for? I was thinking I would take the class with her if that is an option.

Thanks so much!



Submitted October 16, 2020 at 02:02PM by thewholenother https://ift.tt/342gmR2

No comments:

Post a Comment