Saturday, October 10, 2020

Accuracy Loss From Repeatedly Chambered Rounds


We all probably know about bullet setback (hopefully) that occurs from chambering the same round multiple times, but I might have encountered a new (to me) issue. I use 9mm 124gr +P Speer Golds in a Glock 19. Recently I went to the range and shot off my carry ammo to replace it with fresh rounds. Some of the rounds had been chambered roughly 5 times each, and while they all went bang, I did notice a significant decrease in accuracy even during slow and controlled fire. I shot my reload mag as well, with the same ammo from the same pistol, and those rounds seemed to land right where I put them. The only difference is the rounds in the second mag had never been chambered. Has anyone else encountered this issue? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3djksad

No comments:

Post a Comment