Thursday, July 9, 2020

Today I learned that 3 dot night sights make for fantastic presentation practice.


I just discovered this during dry fire practice. I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I thought it might be good to share.I carry a Sig P365 with the standard X-Ray 3 Night Sights. I was draw practicing in the dark to get myself accustomed to activating the TLR-6 during presentation and I discovered that the night sights are a perfect indicator of presentation form and accuracy. Three glowing tritium dots hovering in a blacked out room will instantly tell you how to adjust your alignment when you push the gun out.I was able to very quickly diagnose presentation alignment issues by limiting the amount of visual information in front of me. By only seeing the night sight dots, I was able to see exactly how I was messing up. At the end of a short session, I was consistently presenting the gun with sights almost perfectly aligned. I'm going to be doing this drill a lot more often to really strengthen my form and presentation alignment consistency.I hope this helps someone else that might struggle a little bit with consistent presentation. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Cj9Aeb

No comments:

Post a Comment