Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Stigma, Self-awareness, and Carrying (OC & CC)


Perspectives and experiences: does carrying really make you feel self-conscious? Are you nervous about carrying openly, or about having a CCW becoming exposed?I’ve noticed a number of posts where people express feelings of shame or guilt or discomfort for being seen with their firearm and I just... don’t get it?Totally likely that I’m just an ass but once my LTCF is approved I plan to carry daily; more to the point, I can’t imagine feeling guilty or ashamed should someone see it. I’m missing something here.Thoughts? If you do feel as described above, why? If not, why not? I’m sure there’s a good explanation for both perspectives.Would especially love to hear of experiences where a third party saw and responded to your exposed firearm, and how you experienced/handled it.Edit: context: PA city slicker. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3fcDrDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment