Friday, July 10, 2020

Always be prepared as an encounter can come at anytime!


I got my concealed carry permit in February after being chased after on my way to church. It was after that incident, I decided to get the most effective tool to protect myself a Glock 43. Fast forward to today about 30 minutes ago I walked to go get groceries. On my way home I initially had both hands full with groceries, but I thought if something bad happens I couldn’t effectively grab my gun. So I deliberately put all the bags in my left hand and kept my right/carry side free. Two minutes later a woman,who was not in the right mental state,blocked the sidewalk with a empty wine bottle in hand. She started walking towards me and asking me where I was going. I tried to get back but she eventually was within three feet of me. After trying to de escalate I issued a command to get back three time, she then lightly hit me on my arm with the wine bottle and ran off. The whole encounter lasted approximately 15 seconds. In the moment I decided against drawing my firearm due to the fact I thought she was more confrontational than physically aggressive. Looking back I made the right decision, but if she would of come at me again with the bottle over her head. I would have drawn. I talked with downtown Atlanta police and decided not to press charges.The key things that I learned first hand from this encounter were that. 1. An encounter can happen when anytime day or night. 2. Your carry side should always be free, which goes back to point one. 3. Know your state laws and what is classified as a deadly weapon (it’s broader then you may think). 4. Run situations in your mind and decide beforehand when it’s necessary to draw and necessity to shoot. 5. You should have an oc spray to bridge the gap between your empty handed skill set and your firearm. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Zg3pk0

No comments:

Post a Comment