Sunday, June 7, 2020

"Delayed" NICS Check Today


Hello Gang,Seems the place to ask this. We are from Texas and just finished out CHL class Saturday and all is well, so I was interested to start looking for a handgun today (Sunday). Went to a local Big Box Farming Store and saw one that Im interested in. Went ahead and applied for it and after 20 mins the clerk told me it came back as "Delayed".My first question and Im sure it gets asked often is, Why does it come back "Delayed"? I dont have much of anything important enough on my record to hinder me from purchasing a gun that I KNOW OF.The clerk also said after 3 business days the transfer can happen (Thursday) which means he can sell me the gun if he gets no reply by then "Proceed" or "Denied".My concern is, if (which I HIGHLY DOUBT) they dont respond within 3 days and I can purchase it via the Transfer law, Im kinda skeptical on purchasing it. In my head Im thinking why would I want to possess a handgun, if the NCIS wont send a approval to "Proceed"?? Not trying to buy, or have something that I will get in trouble for.Thank you guys/gals, any information is good information! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Y7H0Uk

No comments:

Post a Comment