Sunday, February 2, 2020

Tier 1 Echo Holster review.


Here are pics of the holster.Alrighty, my 24 hour review of the Tier 1 Echo in no particular order.TL;DR Its amazing, it's comfortable, I can CC a full size 1911 at 3 o'clock with just a t- shirt. Single caveat, the mag release bump in the kydex is too high and digs in.When I first got the holster in the retention was way too tight. literally 2 minutes later and futzing with the retention screw and it was perfect. That includes putting it on and taking it off. Which by the way, putting this thing inside your pants is fantastically easy. I can grab the bottom of both clips and lift slightly, and just pull up popping it right out. Putting it back in is ez pz as long as you’re not a sweaty monster. Undershirts help.The clips allow waaay too much customization in that you can make this damned near an FBI high ride, to almost hiding 2/3rds of the grip inside your pants. Again, this is with a full size 1911. I can’t imagine how good this thing will be with a subcompact or a micro.The clips are plastic, and with a little too much flex for my liking. Maybe I should have gone ulticlip? That’s my fault. I feel like I’ll break one eventually. I might just buy a spare set.The flexy part follows my curves quite nicely (6.2 250lb) and allows a very comfortable curve without one needing to be molded in. I do wish that there was a wing available for this, I think everything should have a wing available. Nothing buying spare parts or a 3d printer can’t fix.The trigger guard is fully covered; you could not slip but a piece of paper in there. No way youre slipping a pen or something else in.There’s a really nice backing up the side covering the safety. My biggest complaint with my pancake OWB for the 1911 is that the safety sits against my skin. Not good, not comfy.The biggest and only problem with this holster is that because its selected as a generic 5" 1911, the magazine release molding is too damned tall. It digs into side and can be a pain in the car. I’m going to try to heat and mold it down a little flatter (please see the last two pictures.). If not, I’ll snip and sand it off all together. I think the kydex is held off high enough the mag release would never actually touch my skin. I say that now, but I can’t wait for the day I bend over my right side and hear a ping as my mag gets ejected.I bought this holster because I don’t think I saw a single poor review about any T1 holster. I kept seeing them as a solid and "I bought 3 or 4 holsters before I found T1, and now I have 4 T1s for different guns". Hucked off an order during my porcelain break at work and I could not be happier even just 4 hours in. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2uSUMPV

No comments:

Post a Comment