Friday, January 3, 2020

Comparison Survey: Glock 43X vs. Bersa BP9CC (or similar)


Hi folks,I've been carrying a Bersa BP9CC off and on for a few years (I'm OCONUS a fair bit or I'd be carrying more). I just haven't heard much anecdotal evidence about the BP9CC. I meet a lot of people who have never heard of it or seen one. I chose it specifically for it's very narrow frame and single stack 9mm set up due to the type of clothing I usually have to wear for work.However with the addition in the market of the Glock 43X, and already owning and being very familiar with Glock(s), I've become very interested in making a change. It's not that the Bersa is bad or anything - I haven't had any issues other than it being hard to unload rounds from the magazine, but to be fair I'm not at the range as much as I'd like to be due to OCONUS work travel.It's just a gnawing feeling that, having used Glocks in really messy situations (e.g. mud, extreme dust, lots of water, few cleaning tools, etc.) and always having had them work, I have the confidence it will do so when I need it most. I already own a Glock 19 Gen4 and am comfortable with the operation and maintenance, although the Bersa isn't terribly different in this regard. It also adds two rounds of capacity, which I don't mind either (10+1 to Bersa's 8+1). It also happens to be narrower than the Bersa, which started my whole search for a super narrow CCW pistol in the first place. If I feel this way about my Glock experience am I a complete idiot for continuing to use something else?Now I'm starting to ramble so I'm interested to hear any opinions from folks who carry the Glock 43X, Bersa BP9CC, or any comparable single stack 9mm semi-auto. Any help is appreciated. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Year's and hoping we are all our best selves in 2020. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2trHXLx

No comments:

Post a Comment