Wednesday, January 8, 2020

close call, not sure where to post for feedback. [serious]


Technically, this incident is not specific to CCW, but happened yesterday, and I'm not sure if I overreacted.TL;DR: went after guy who was chasing my wife in my neighborhood.I left work early yesterday because I had a dentist appt. so afterwards, I went home, and I was home about an hour or so earlier than I normally am. My wife texted and let me know she was going to be home in like 20 minutes. around that time, I saw her drive right past my house, which I thought was strange.She called me and said she needed me to come outside, and described the following situtation: A suv was driving crazy while she was on the way home. the driver made a right turn around her from the left lane, and drove down the turn lane for 1/4 mile about 35 over the speed limit. he then turned down a street towards our house (in front of my kid's school at the time school was letting out), and was again clocking 45 in a 20. My wife did not want to get involved, but then he turned down our cross street (we live on a corner), and parked in a driveway like 7 houses away from us. she pulled up to him (my daughter was in the car), and told him that driving like that is really not cool in this neighborhood. HE told her that he lives in that house, and go ahead and call the cops and take his picture if she didn't like it. She did. Apparently, this really pissed him off and he got back in his car and started chasing her down-she didnt want to come home to let him know where we lived, and he was chasing her for a few blocks.- this is when she called me.I told her to pull into the driveway. I grabbed my pistol and ran towards my driveway, and I could see him nearly hit my wife's car.he was one house up, and I was straight running towards him when he backed up and drove down a sidestreet. my wife was pulling into the driveway at basically the same time.the cops came and we made a report.I'm not sure if there was a smarter/safer course of action here. I feel like there was, but i'm struggling. the fact he was speeding was super lame, but chasing my wife through our own neighborhood was the thing that pushed me into action.your thoughts are appreciated. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/39QNCeP

No comments:

Post a Comment